Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stila Eye Liner Review

Lately, I have been going back and forth between Kat Von D’s and Stila’s eye liner. Both seemed similar in terms of application, colour payoff, and price. Personally, I love using gel liners, especially on clients. However, I wanted a felt tip liner for fast application; something I can use daily or when I am in a rush.

You are probably wondering which product made it on my vanity table.
The lucky winner is Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner!!!
Although both products had the same characteristics, the colour payoff with Stila made the decision for me.

 
Without any further ado, here is a detailed review…

As the name suggests, this eye liner is waterproof and has a liquid consistency. I purchased the ‘intense black’ shade as I was looking for a true black eye liner. It comes with a felt tip applicator which is ideal for defined thin lines or for more detailed designs.  
 
A few details about the product:
  • The product retails for $26 at Sephora (www.sephora.com) or online (www.stilacosmetics.com) for $20
  • It comes in 5 different shades including intense black (this is the shade I purchased), dark brown, indigo, alloy, and moss
  • Contains 0.016 oz. of product
  • This eye liner glides on smoothly, without any smudge or run and has the ability to stay in place. Please see the swatches below for proof.
One application of Stila eye liner
 
After washing my hands a few times
 
After washing my hands and gently wiping with MAC’s eye and lip remover solution
 
Overall, I think Stila’s eye liners are one of the best felt tip eye liners on the market. Although it is a bit pricey in my opinion, it definitely delivers what it says. On the contrary, one tip that I always apply to any eye liner, despite the brand, is to keep it upside down. This allows for maximum saturation at the tip.
 
What is your favourite eye liner? Comment below and share your thoughts and reviews.
S.


 

 

2 comments:

  1. hi sidrah
    i like ur blog very pro
    do a review on the kate lipsticks =D

    asma xoxo keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asma!
    Thanks, hun!
    Yes, those kate lipsticks were so vibrant and affordable. Will def do a review and swatch them soon.
    xoxo
    S.

    ReplyDelete